This Christmas we can take some baby steps to make it greener and cleaner. These are a few options to turn your Christmas eco-friendly and safe.
Our tips for a toxic-free Christmas:
- Buying products that are certified eco-friendly, and toxin-free
- Choosing organic products in order to reduce greenhouse emissions.
- Avoid plastic products wherever possible.
- Choosing products made from natural ingredients like wood, fabric and other organic textiles.
- Choose quality over
- Opt for hand-made products and DIY gifts
- Avoid toys that require batteries.
- Choose toys that are made out of materials like wood and metal, that will last
- Wrapping gifts in materials such as hessian, cloth, recycled wrapping paper, or children’s artwork instead of plastic or foil.
- Use LED lights for house and Christmas tree.
- Reduce the size of outdoor lighting displays.
- Outdoor mini lights will also save energy.
- Turn tree lights and outdoor house decorative lighting during bedtime.
- Use candles
It is our gift to be a part of this nature and these festivals and this Christmas as our return gift to her, let’s try and make a little effort to be more conscious and aware this Christmas, We can collectively make a difference to our world, our mother nature.